"The Cross Eyed Ecorché"

"The Cross Eyed Ecorché"
Cross your eyes until 2 images come together and pop up in 3D.

About Me

My photo
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
71 Year Old Multi Media Artist and Bricoleur. Originally from France. Lived in the US 44 years, married to for Rachel 43 years. May be a little crazy...

"Revealing Self Portrait"

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Post 7: "Saint Francis getting his Stigmatas", Final Version


I thought I could do more with the image, so I kept on working on the composition, and re photographed it with 3", 4", and 5" spacing. There is so much depth that the standard  3" spacing was enough, and more would make the image too hard to look at. I also shot telephoto close ups of all the major components in the image from the same perspective: hands, faces, dove, skull, heart, monkey, globes, key and poppy pod, and pasted them in place. I ended up enlarging the dove, and bringing it forward so it appears to hover over Saint Francis head. To get the full effect, click here for a full screen 1200 x 2500 pixels version, and make it as big as you can on your monitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment