"The Cross Eyed Ecorché"

"The Cross Eyed Ecorché"
Cross your eyes until 2 images come together and pop up in 3D.

About Me

My photo
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
71 Year Old Multi Media Artist and Bricoleur. Originally from France. Lived in the US 44 years, married to for Rachel 43 years. May be a little crazy...

"Revealing Self Portrait"

Friday, August 20, 2010

Post 4: Making a sliding rail

In order to shoot my stereo pairs, I had so far simply moved the tripod over a few inches, but the strength of the 3D effect depends on the distance between the 2 shots, and the further away the subject is, the further apart should the shots be. I want to make composite images, and will need to shoot multiple stereo pairs at different spacings to pick the ones with the proper perspective to combine in the same image. So I made a rail with a sliding plate to mount the camera on, either directly horizontally, or vertically with a 90 degrees bracket. A lever allows adjustment and locking of the parralax.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Jean,

    Ansell here :) All my stereoscopic work so has been done using just one camera and using the lean/shift method, the good thing about graveyard shooting is of coarse everything is pretty much DEAD still:) so the need for a twin rig is not paramount. If you don't wish to buy a second camera and go through the process of syncing them, give it a try you'll be surprised how easy it becomes after a while. Sure you'll get some off one's, but that is the case with anything in this world while practising. It's the method I started out with in 2005, and am still using it today!

    Recently I just purchased 2 Canon 1000D's for a dedicated twin rig, but am yet to put it together, I'm slack!lol But even then, I can still see myself using the shift method when I wanna travel light or need a quick shot. :)

    Give it a try mate, best part of this method is it's easy to vary the stereo base, particularly for more distant objects, and you do develop a feel for this! :)

    ReplyDelete