"The Cross Eyed Ecorché"

"The Cross Eyed Ecorché"
Cross your eyes until 2 images come together and pop up in 3D.

About Me

My photo
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
71 Year Old Multi Media Artist and Bricoleur. Originally from France. Lived in the US 44 years, married to for Rachel 43 years. May be a little crazy...

"Revealing Self Portrait"

Monday, September 6, 2010

Post 11: Hypercubus Cross Test


    I quickly realized that Photoshop CS5 3D capabilities were very limited, and went back to After Effects which I had used to build a virtual room when I was experimenting with Animation a couple of years ago. I had unfortunately forgotten most everything, and had to spent the whole day figuring out how to make a 3D Hypercubus Cross, obviously inspired by Dali's famous painting. I found some fantastic free textures on Flickr Creative Commons created by J.L.Jones under the pseudonym SkeletalMess . Thanks Jerry for sharing your wonderful work, also available with much much more on the Shadowhouse Creations Blog.
   I manipulated the textures, trimmed, rotated, lightened, darkened and recut them all to 1000x1000 pixels squares to make the sides of all the cubes. Well, the cubes actually have only the 4 visible sides.  I took two shots with the virtual camera moving it sideways some, and came up with this stereo pair. Click here for a full screen version.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment